- Vietnam World Heritage Road
- Seat In Coach Daily Departure
- Transfer by Private Car
- Shore excursions
- Community Based Tours
- Vietnam Luxury Tours
- Homestay in Hue
- Multi Country Tour
- Cruise Halong Bay
- Cruise Mekong Delta
- Tour in VietNam
- Tour North Vietnam
- Tour Center Vietnam
- Tour South Vietnam
- Customized Journey
- Terms and Conditions
- About us
- Contact us
Thua Thien – Hue plants mangrove forests for eco-tours (27-03-2017 14:01:00)
Planting mangroves in the Tam Giang lagoon
The mangrove forest belt is expected to span parts of the Phong Dien and Quang Dien districts, and Huong Tra town.
Quang Dien, home to a 12-km coastline, shares a contiguous zone covering over 3,500 hectares with the lagoon.
The district has to date planted nearly 40 hectares of mangrove forests, with those in Con Toc and its nearby areas earmarked as eco-tourism sites.
Previously, in 2015 and 2016, Quang Dien spent more than 21.5 billion VND (944,280 USD) on building a section from Con Toc to Ha Do and Ngu My Thanh town of the Tam Giang lagoon’s western dyke, which aimed to help protect local production and scale up the area of mangrove forests.
Meanwhile, the Huong Tra town has poured over 2 billion VND (87,800 USD) into growing 4.7 more hectares of mangrove forests, expanding the Ru Cha forest by 10 hectares, and building roads, in a bid to develop a future eco-tourism site.
In a recent survey questioning 54 households in Huong Tra’s Huong Phong and Hai Duong communes, 89 percent of polled people agreed the mangrove forest initiative will help protect local dykes, and 91 percent said it brings economic and environmental benefits for the community.
Accordingly, the Ru Cha forest, which is now home to various species of birds and shrimp, and a destination in an eco-tour of the Tam Giang lagoon, is planned to be expanded to over 30 hectares.
- Hue Thai Hoa Palace to undergo restoration
- The lights go on at Huế’s Imperial Palace
- Exploring Hue in 3 days
- Over 10 heritage cities to join “Exchange Meeting of Heritage Cities 2017” in Hoi An
- Quang Binh cuts entrance fees at 3 caves to attract tourists
- Hot Air Balloon Festival 2016
- Hue to build boardwalk along Huong River
- Jetstar opens Hue-Cam Ranh flight route
- Tam Giang Handicraft Villages
- Le seul et unique marché des insectes.