Ho Chi Minh City - new destination for MICE tourism in Southeast Asia (11-09-2016 13:01:00)
The remark was made by domestic and foreign travel agencies, investors and experts attending a seminar introducing destinations in the Greater Mekong Sub-region held by the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism in Ho Chi Minh City on September 7.
According to Duong Thi Hoang Yen, a representative from the municipal Department of Tourism, HCM City is a place connecting many cities and provinces nationwide as well as 24 major cities in the world, with unique architectures, beautiful landscapes and entertainment centres. It has nearly 120 three to five-star hotels with 14,787 rooms.
HCM City owns a lot of favourable conditions for developing MICE tourism such as good infrastructure, convenient transport and high-quality accommodations, said Gilbert Whelan, CEO of the US’s Riverlege company.
However, participants noted limitations in developing MICE tourism in the city, including traffic congestion at peak hours, environmental pollution and poor services. They suggested the city increase English training for traffic police and volunteers to better support foreign visitors.
Nguyen Quy Phuong, head of the Viet Nam National Administration of Tourism’s Travel Department, affirmed that HCM City and Viet Nam in general will do their utmost to provide the best conditions for tourists.
Other cities such as Ha Noi, Da Nang and Ha Long will be new destinations for MICE tourism in the future, he added.
- Erosion encroaches beach of Đà Nẵng
- Exploring Hue in 3 days
- Online Ticket Service Through The Website : www.ticket.whr.vn
- Hue to have audio guide in 5 languages
- Central Vietnam destinations join forces in unique tourism project
- Over 10 heritage cities to join “Exchange Meeting of Heritage Cities 2017” in Hoi An
- Hoi An plans to dismantle Japanese wood bridge for restoration
- Adventure tours to Son Doong Cave in 2017 on sale
- Village opens traditional farming museum
- Railway carriage revitalises heritage tourism