News & Events
Hue to build boardwalk along Huong River (13-04-2016 10:05:00)
An artist impression of a wooden walkway to be established along a section of the Huong River in Hue
Officials in the central province of Thu Thien – Hue propose to build a promenade along the Huong River in Hue starting in July.
The US$6-million project, to be funded by the Korea International Cooperation Agency (KOICA), will include a four-meter wide wooden walkway projecting into the river in its most beautiful section between Truong Tien Bridge and Hue Central Hospital.
The 380-meter long walkway will be in a tourism zone that will include Ly Tu Trong Park, a tourist quay and the Nguyen Dinh Chieu walking street.
A restaurant, a coffee shop, a lotus garden and a mini entertainment stage would be built, authorities said.
Nguyen Dinh Chieu will be stone-paved and decorated with colorful lighting.
The details of the project, which will take around 10 months, will be on display on the walking street in a few weeks’ time to seek public opinion before the work is finalized.
A wooden walkway (marked in red) will be built along a section of the Huong River bank
An artist’s impression of the wooden walkway
An artist’s impression of the wooden walkway at night
Reference at www.thanhniennews.com
- Erosion encroaches beach of Đà Nẵng
- Exploring Hue in 3 days
- Online Ticket Service Through The Website : www.ticket.whr.vn
- Ho Chi Minh City - new destination for MICE tourism in Southeast Asia
- Hue to have audio guide in 5 languages
- Central Vietnam destinations join forces in unique tourism project
- Over 10 heritage cities to join “Exchange Meeting of Heritage Cities 2017” in Hoi An
- Hoi An plans to dismantle Japanese wood bridge for restoration
- Adventure tours to Son Doong Cave in 2017 on sale
- Village opens traditional farming museum